Luckily this work week is ending on a much more positive note than last Thursday. That's not to say that it's over entirely (100 assignments to grade this weekend) or that it wasn't trying at times (what job isn't?!), but I came home happy today and my evening work-out was great to boot. The weather this week has been crazy in Oregon and I've been tired, but I'm trying to keep to this "switching it up" of outfits. (Although I'm holding off on some of my easy ones for those days when I just don't even want to try. Today I really wished I could just wear jeans and a bulky sweater to work, honestly!)
I also thought it'd be interesting to include a picture of what I wear just lounging around home on the days I don't have to leave the house, so here it is:
Leggings & long sleeved shirt: Target, Long sweater: Old Navy, Boots: EMU Australia, Wool beanie: knitted by an old high school classmate
Skinny jeans: Wal-mart (sigh), Striped tank: H&M, Blue cardigan & brown belt: Target clearance, Same long sweater: Old Navy, Utility boots: Target
Two things: I know you're tired of seeing the long cardigan ;) and secondly, usually I don't wear these boots (utility like boots) to work---but it was snowing so I wasn't going to attempt heels and again, I've been inspired lately to try to branch out.
Burgundy ruffle collar blouse, brown cardigan, utility boots, gray skirt, white cami (underneath), & brown belt---all Target, same long sweater: Old Navy, brown tights (aka amazing!!!)--Fred Meyer (PNW store)
Black pencil skirt: Penneys, Black heeled boots: Recent Penneys, Red top w/ built in striped tank: gifted this Christmas.....and to be honest I also wore the black version of that same long sweater...from Old Navy ;)
Black cardigan & (underneath) black cami: Target, Blue tux detail shirt: ?? maybe Sears?, same Black boots: recent Penneys, Tweed skirt: thrifted, Black belt: gifted
And here's one thing to know about my boring fashion, I pretty much have the same jewelry and I wear it over and over throughout each week---but sometimes in different combinations. I like dangling earrings (usually from Target) and chunky bracelets the most, at least currently.
This challenge for myself is definitely making me tweak some combos and come up with new stuff---sometimes outside my usual comfort zone (such as Tuesday). But I really like the fact that I'm digging in to my closet and coming up with new ideas to use what I've already got!
So what are you wearing this week?
I also thought it'd be interesting to include a picture of what I wear just lounging around home on the days I don't have to leave the house, so here it is:
LAZY SUNDAY:
Leggings are never worn outside the house unless I have a dress or something that covers up all the areas that no one but hubby needs or gets to see....leggings are appropriate for home OR covered....period. But enough said....Leggings & long sleeved shirt: Target, Long sweater: Old Navy, Boots: EMU Australia, Wool beanie: knitted by an old high school classmate
ERRANDS MONDAY:
Somewhat inspired by pinterest, as I've debated about getting rid of this particular cardigan so many times. Skinny jeans: Wal-mart (sigh), Striped tank: H&M, Blue cardigan & brown belt: Target clearance, Same long sweater: Old Navy, Utility boots: Target
WORK TUESDAY (SNOW):
Burgundy ruffle collar blouse, brown cardigan, utility boots, gray skirt, white cami (underneath), & brown belt---all Target, same long sweater: Old Navy, brown tights (aka amazing!!!)--Fred Meyer (PNW store)
WORK WEDNESDAY:
Aka the day one of my older veteran workers stated "Dang gal, you're from X (small-town Oregon)......where did you find such style?!" Which in no way means that I actually think I have style, but I was cracking up over his comment all.day.long. Some days are style hits, other days are a style miss. ;)Black pencil skirt: Penneys, Black heeled boots: Recent Penneys, Red top w/ built in striped tank: gifted this Christmas.....and to be honest I also wore the black version of that same long sweater...from Old Navy ;)
TODAY aka WORK THURSDAY:
I think I over-did the belted look this week....I just love the look on Complex Cardigan so I've been trying it on for size. Some days I love it, other days I hate it.Black cardigan & (underneath) black cami: Target, Blue tux detail shirt: ?? maybe Sears?, same Black boots: recent Penneys, Tweed skirt: thrifted, Black belt: gifted
And here's one thing to know about my boring fashion, I pretty much have the same jewelry and I wear it over and over throughout each week---but sometimes in different combinations. I like dangling earrings (usually from Target) and chunky bracelets the most, at least currently.
This challenge for myself is definitely making me tweak some combos and come up with new stuff---sometimes outside my usual comfort zone (such as Tuesday). But I really like the fact that I'm digging in to my closet and coming up with new ideas to use what I've already got!
So what are you wearing this week?
1 comment:
I love that you are standing in the exact same way for every picture :-) Nice outfits! I am in hoodies and yoga pants...all the time :-)
Post a Comment