Waking up this morning, nothing felt worked or sore, which only reinforces that I need to figure out how to up the ante a bit more with the pull-up/chin-up thing.
Now I've already shared that I was totally looking forward to Kenpo-X today, as I've always loved kickboxing moves and absolutely adored the Tae-Bo class I took when I lived in Argentina. A few of the other P90X DVDs have incorporated some of the Kenpo X moves into them, so I totally expected it to literally be awesome AND kick my a$$. I have to say though that my old Tae-Bo workout classes definitely use to leave me sweating much more than the 45 minutes of Kenpo X. Honestly the first 5 minutes of warm-up were some of the most challenging movements today as I had to stretch out my strengthening yet tired leg muscles. The punching & kicking movements throughout today's DVD were fun and I pushed it more in the cardio-break periods in order to up the ante & sweat a bit more. I wouldn't say it's a bad work-out, I just expected to feel it more.
.....and I had enough energy left after the 45 minutes that I pulled on my Vibrams and went for a 2 mile jog around the neighborhood. (Which was also great as I got to watch the beautiful sunset gracing the sky!)
Tomorrow is supposed to be a rest/X Stretch day at the end of my first P90X week and part of me wants to just jump into starting the next week. The next work-out is the original one that kicked my butt (as the next two weeks will be a repeat of what I did this week), so I think I'm also excited to see if my body still gets kicked to the curb the same way as it did for the first go around. The nice thing about the current schedule though is that the Rest Day now falls onto Wednesday which is perfect, as Wednesdays will be the most difficult ones for me to complete due to teaching until nine at night this term. Yet I also feel that by taking the wedding day off that I've already had a break this week, SO maybe I'll just due Cardio X tomorrow and jump into Week 2 as planned on Thursday.
I have to say that in some ways I'm still a little disappointed that so much of the Lean plan is going to be repetitive and I also expected my rear to be struggling much more than it currently is. Granted I recognize I'm not truly able to complete ALL the movements so there's definitely much room for improvement on my part. I guess I just expected to be "feeling it" more. I do have to say that my legs are already stronger though and I'm definitely feeling more solid and moving toward being in better shape.
In other news, hub started the Classic plan this evening with his first work-out of Chest & Arms w/ Ab Ripper X to wrap up, and reports that he's definitely feeling it! ;)
Today's food choices:
Breakfast:
Two egg omelet w/ spinach & cheese
Two pieces wheat toast w/ marionberry jam
1/4 cantaloupe
Espresso w/ pumpkin creamer
Surprise work lunch:
1/2 Massamun curry (potatoes, onions, tofu, & peanuts) over rice
Mixed green side salad
One cup English tea w/ sugar
One dinner peppermint
Afternoon:
Cup of mate
Evening meal:
Smoothie of mixed berries, spinach, banana & coconut milk
Spanish rice & red bean soup w/ an open-faced cheese sandwich
The other thing I haven't mentioned yet is that hub and I have discussed trying to do the Clean cleanse again and in its entirety in order to decrease toxins and increase energy, but we don't want to try to do it while we're also doing P90X. Instead I'm trying to incorporate elements of the Clean diet back into my days, although I'm still allowing coffee, cheese, wheat, alcohol, and some sugar. Overall though I feel that my dietary choices have been fairly decent, and I'm enjoying having less sugar, coconut milk, and smoothies back in my diet. Since starting P90X I've also started doing a shortened version of the whole hot-cold shower detox therapy again that tends to be part of most cleanse programs. It's a great way to increase detoxification of the body system, although the way I've been doing it this week is to just take a really hot shower and then as I'm finished with the cleaning parts, I turn off the hot and blast myself with just cold all over.
Can hardly believe Week 1 of P90X is over however! Since the rest of the Lean plan is similar to this week, I don't intend to blog about the subsequent days, except for the days that are different. I will post some updates on any transformations however!
Hope y'all are doing and sweating well!
Now I've already shared that I was totally looking forward to Kenpo-X today, as I've always loved kickboxing moves and absolutely adored the Tae-Bo class I took when I lived in Argentina. A few of the other P90X DVDs have incorporated some of the Kenpo X moves into them, so I totally expected it to literally be awesome AND kick my a$$. I have to say though that my old Tae-Bo workout classes definitely use to leave me sweating much more than the 45 minutes of Kenpo X. Honestly the first 5 minutes of warm-up were some of the most challenging movements today as I had to stretch out my strengthening yet tired leg muscles. The punching & kicking movements throughout today's DVD were fun and I pushed it more in the cardio-break periods in order to up the ante & sweat a bit more. I wouldn't say it's a bad work-out, I just expected to feel it more.
.....and I had enough energy left after the 45 minutes that I pulled on my Vibrams and went for a 2 mile jog around the neighborhood. (Which was also great as I got to watch the beautiful sunset gracing the sky!)
Tomorrow is supposed to be a rest/X Stretch day at the end of my first P90X week and part of me wants to just jump into starting the next week. The next work-out is the original one that kicked my butt (as the next two weeks will be a repeat of what I did this week), so I think I'm also excited to see if my body still gets kicked to the curb the same way as it did for the first go around. The nice thing about the current schedule though is that the Rest Day now falls onto Wednesday which is perfect, as Wednesdays will be the most difficult ones for me to complete due to teaching until nine at night this term. Yet I also feel that by taking the wedding day off that I've already had a break this week, SO maybe I'll just due Cardio X tomorrow and jump into Week 2 as planned on Thursday.
I have to say that in some ways I'm still a little disappointed that so much of the Lean plan is going to be repetitive and I also expected my rear to be struggling much more than it currently is. Granted I recognize I'm not truly able to complete ALL the movements so there's definitely much room for improvement on my part. I guess I just expected to be "feeling it" more. I do have to say that my legs are already stronger though and I'm definitely feeling more solid and moving toward being in better shape.
In other news, hub started the Classic plan this evening with his first work-out of Chest & Arms w/ Ab Ripper X to wrap up, and reports that he's definitely feeling it! ;)
Today's food choices:
Breakfast:
Two egg omelet w/ spinach & cheese
Two pieces wheat toast w/ marionberry jam
1/4 cantaloupe
Espresso w/ pumpkin creamer
Surprise work lunch:
1/2 Massamun curry (potatoes, onions, tofu, & peanuts) over rice
Mixed green side salad
One cup English tea w/ sugar
One dinner peppermint
Afternoon:
Cup of mate
Evening meal:
Smoothie of mixed berries, spinach, banana & coconut milk
Spanish rice & red bean soup w/ an open-faced cheese sandwich
The other thing I haven't mentioned yet is that hub and I have discussed trying to do the Clean cleanse again and in its entirety in order to decrease toxins and increase energy, but we don't want to try to do it while we're also doing P90X. Instead I'm trying to incorporate elements of the Clean diet back into my days, although I'm still allowing coffee, cheese, wheat, alcohol, and some sugar. Overall though I feel that my dietary choices have been fairly decent, and I'm enjoying having less sugar, coconut milk, and smoothies back in my diet. Since starting P90X I've also started doing a shortened version of the whole hot-cold shower detox therapy again that tends to be part of most cleanse programs. It's a great way to increase detoxification of the body system, although the way I've been doing it this week is to just take a really hot shower and then as I'm finished with the cleaning parts, I turn off the hot and blast myself with just cold all over.
Can hardly believe Week 1 of P90X is over however! Since the rest of the Lean plan is similar to this week, I don't intend to blog about the subsequent days, except for the days that are different. I will post some updates on any transformations however!
Hope y'all are doing and sweating well!
No comments:
Post a Comment