Sunday, April 4, 2010

Routine And Not

Just a quick check-in.  I don't intend to fall off the blogging planet, but for some reason I'm so easily able to distract myself! :)  Haha.

This week I've been battling fluctuating hormone levels--oh the joys of being a woman and dealing with contraception.  You know those moments when you realize you're acting half your age and irrational but you just can't seem to hold those negative thoughts in check--this week had several of those moments......

Tuesday evening I felt myself frustrated by our settled routine---something I usually enjoy.  (Note: This is not to be confused with not wanting to work.  I absolutely love going to work every day.) However with sunny days upon us and longer evenings, I miss the spontaneity and freedom of youth, and easily get tired of the same old 24 hour pattern.  Ironically my mini-freak out was followed by a week of non-routine evenings.  I guess my hormones jumped the gun on complaining.....

Wednesday evening I had the opportunity to get together with some of the other women from my husband's work---always an experience (out of 8 women, I was the only one who is not currently pregnant or did not have a baby in my arms).  It was nice to get together with other women but around here it usually leaves me feeling like the black sheep too. The hub met me at our front door with a beer ready for partaking, and we spent the rest of the evening sitting on our back patio chatting about the experience and just enjoying each other's company.  Thursday evening we took the dogs to a different part of the nearby lake and let them run around.  They always get so incredibly happy anytime they get to go somewhere, especially if it's somewhere new.  And Friday evening we ended up getting together for dinner with friends.

Yesterday morning I drove to the nearby larger town and picked up a few things.  It was nice just to get away for part of the day, and it was so great to notice the changes in scenery along the way--plenty of wildflowers growing in the grass along the highway!  I was able to pick up a couple dresses that can be worn to work or socially.  And then I bought a carrot cake from Albertson's (a favorite for the husband and I) and Starbucks and delivered them to the hub at work.

This morning was the first Easter in a really long time that I haven't been to church and it definitely felt strange.  We haven't really found a church that we like here so we haven't been going....although there are definitely plenty of times that I really, really miss it.  Even if we did have a home church here, Hub worked a 24 hour shift yesterday that ended with him getting off work at 9am this morning.  But really, Easter is about the message and life of the Savior, so probably the best thing I can do today is spend some time focusing on His life and purpose.  Especially since I don't do enough of that these days.....

Here's a hug headed your way and wishes for spring weather for each of you! :)

1 comment:

Eco Yogini said...

Happy Easter!!

I also had a few moments this week- perhaps it was the full moon? :)