Work this week was incredibly busy so I'll readily admit that this was the first week where I counted down til weekend. The hub had some long nights out in the field followed by early mornings so he too is enjoying sleeping in and relaxing. We have a couple things to take care of today: I have a hair trim and he might go fishing with friends, but knowing us we'll probably enjoy the slowness of the day and daydream about our goals. And speaking of goals:
---Yesterday we sent in the final amount to pay off the car!! :) It always feels incredibly great to pay off items and to work on paying larger debts back. The title should arrive in a week and the pay off noted on my credit at end of month. I ended my student loan deferment and am in repayment which also feels great. The hub continues to research trucks and by the end of May we should have one purchased. In my calculations it should be paid off by this time next spring.
---Our tomato has tripled in size and looks awesome. We brought it in last night due to chillier nights lately, so I'm hopeful it'll continue to do well. The basil died within the first few days of planting, but the jalapeno and rosemary are surviving fine. My daffodils have bloomed out, but the star lily is back from winter hibernation. I hope to get a few more starts this weekend and some additional grass seed. BUT we have little grass starts making a come back! We're just hopeful more seed will encourage additional sprouts rather than waiting for it to spread. The dogs haven't been too happy about not getting outside as much, but they're surviving.
---The neighbors returned my sander (and did I mention they're not moving now?!) so I'm hopeful I'll sand the end table in the next weekend or two. The hub ordered us a sectional last weekend as we'd discovered a good deal online. It's not organic by any means, but the size is perfect for my 6'4" husband and contained what we both wanted in a sectional. It's red which is a change for us, but we needed more color in the living room. The company said they were willing to deliver to our rural area and within four weeks, so we're just waiting for the call to schedule. Once it arrives the living room will be situated, the futon will move into the dog/office zone and we'll just be budgeting for the King bed.
--Still managing to work out 3-5x a week. Since changing contraception, I finally feel my body responding to exercising and healthier eating. It's nice to feel the extra hormones purging and the realignment toward my natural body chemistry. A coworker lives two streets away so we've talked about running together some evenings-- it's always helpful to work out with other people. I had a personal goal on Weds as the husband had a long day (6am-2am) so I took work-out clothes to work, left the car in our adjoining lot, and proved to myself that it's possible to make the 6 mile trek home (decent weather prevailing). Truthfully I only made 4 miles before our neighbor made a big UTurn in the main road and ignoring my protesting told me to get in his jeep. However, being my stubborn self I then walked the dogs two miles just to prove that the total 6 miles could be accomplished. (Must be the Scots-Irish side of my nature!)
And overall things are moving along alright. Last night we made the hour drive to a nearby little town that we love. The hub was able to see the gorgeous wildflowers along the highway and we played a little game of "count the Baptist churches along the road." :) The food is amazing at the restaurant we frequent and the customer service had largely improved in the months since we'd last been there. We left more than satisfied and then settled into wonderful conversation on the way home. After a busier than normal week with limited time together, it was the perfect start to our weekend.
I'm looking forward to the next few months ahead of us. While they'll remain busy, we have two long weekends scheduled together, we'll be taking care of some of our goals, and there's a good chance we'll be spending time with old Oregon friends. I hope each of you is moving into spring with an open heart and plenty of sunshine. Hugs and best wishes! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment