Saturday, March 29, 2008

Spring Break Fullness


These are pictures of my new apartment. I threw an "apartment warming" party a few weeks back and so finally had to finish putting it all together. Every morning now I love waking up, seeing an apartment actually full of light, and hearing the birds singing outside. Thus I spend about 20-30 minutes each morning just laying calmly in bed, enjoying the fact that I am alive and am so grateful for this new situation.

Sometimes I don't know where the time goes! This week, while intended to be slow and relaxing, has become a non-stop, yet fun whirlwind. I spent last weekend entertaining different friends and then spent Easter at my granny's. We drove over Sunday evening to the family beach house where the next three days were spent with a variety of my cousins, aunts, and included a quick visit from my parents. (Dad even taught me how to replace multiple components of a toilet-he's the family "fix-it" man.) I spent Wednesday with my sister. For her birthday she had wanted us to spend a day together. So I took her to lunch and then gave her fashion advice as we shopped. I spent Wednesday evening at my granny's again and then came back to my apartment on Thursday. Ran the usual errands, cut my hair again, and caught up on news-by then the evening was gone! Yesterday was spent on a local winery tour as part of the weekend bridal celebration for a close friend of mine, and today will conclude with more of her celebrations. This evening is the Earth Hour at 8pm by the way. And tomorrow will focus on finishing my scholarship applications and finishing two books that I borrowed from friends for the break. And then the new term begins again! How glad I am though to have these opportunities-to have the moments with friends, to cherish new memories of time with family, to feel the ocean breeze and listen to the gentle falling of the rain, to see the snowflakes, to feel the sunshine, to laugh, to read, to enjoy, to be alive, and to have a comfortable apartment to return to. I'm again reminded of how fortunate I am.....



And these are pictures depicting the beautiful spring in my neighborhood. It never fails to make me laugh how much this small town gal is enjoying the vibrancy of the city.

Hope you all have enjoyed a wonderfully fulfilling week yourselves!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your new place looks so bright and airy!!

Patty said...

Love your new apartment and enjoyed travelling around your neighborhood with you. Life is good isn't it !