Wednesday, December 12, 2007

A Roar For Powerful Words

Patty, from Morning Ramble, gave me a new award this morning:


This award was started by the Shameless Lion Writing Circle and is "the chance to scream from the mountains the good news about the powerful posts that are produced every day in the blogosphere, despite what some mainstream columnists and journalists claim."
The recipients then do the same, passing it on to five other people, and accompany the image with three things they believe are necessary to write well and powerfully.

To me, good writing contains:
1) Personal honesty & insightfulness
2) Passion on the topic/experience
3) Knowledge/wisdom on the topic

However I'm not sure how well I follow my own definition then! I write more when I feel compelled to share knowledge than anything else. (Although w/o internet I haven't been able to share everything I would have liked to during the last few months!)

Anyway my nominees:
1) Chile Chews: She exerts passion, knowledge, and insightfulness all with lots of humor. I laugh everytime I read an account of what she's doing just because she describes it so gleefully!

2) The Healthy Cookie: She's personal and has loads of wisdom and passion on the topic of health/nutrition based on her own experiences and current studies. Her thoughts are always well-developed and her posts are incredibly insightful and researched.

3) Contemplating Change: I love the weekly glimpse of her life in England. She's caring, compassionate, dedicated, and insightful.

4) Pondering the Myriad Things: She's an advocate, and she believes in change. She's honest and she moves others toward action and fact finding. Plus she's Canadian!

I'm going to stop at 4. There are plenty of others that deserve an award, but to be honest, I've gotten sort of out of the loop as of late. These 4 are some that move me to think or action every time. Happy blogging! :-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

congratulations on a well deserved award!!

Theresa said...

My goodness, thank you. I'm humbled.

willow said...

I'm a bit late catching up with things at the moment but thank you for mentioning me,

Anonymous said...

Thank you thank you thank you thank you. The award would be lovely, but that my words made a difference to you means so much more. Thanks for reading me and I continue to read you. Be well and have a happy, healthy new year.