Monday, February 6, 2012

11 Things

I was tagged by my gal Heather over at Then Comes Baby. I don't know if she knew of my absolute addiction to these types of surveys, but after already sharing so many randoms, I'm blanking on what all to add to it!


Rules:
1. Post these rules
2. You must post 11 random things about yourself.
3. Answer the questions set for you in their post.
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
5. Go to their blog and tell them that you’ve tagged them.
6. No stuff in the tagging section about you are tagged if you are reading this. You legitimately have to tag 11 people.



11 Randoms About Me
1. As a child, my favorite color was purple and I loved Barbies. It was a big deal when we moved to Oregon and mom painted my bedroom lavender.....and beyond having the Barbie hair salon, Corvette, tropical island, and mansion, I owned approximately 30 Barbies. AKA I will admit I was well loved......and maybe a tad.bit.spoiled.
2. Chocolate makes me break out---signed, sealed, and delivered EVERY TIME..and usually in the exact same spots.
3. In my personal life, I call male and female genitalia "hmm hmms".....I blame it on my older brother calling them that, but I promise you that when I lecture about reproduction I have no qualms using the right terminology....vas deferens anyone?!
4. I don't like following some pop culture when it comes to TV, books, movies, etc. Thus I've never seen Lord of the Rings, much of the Harry Potter movies nor read the books, nor read any of the Twilight books.
5. I actually always thought I would marry someone who was racially or ethnically different from me. In fact both my mom and an ex-boyfriend dreamed that I would. The fact that I married a very tall, dirty blond, all american football-playing soldier sometimes makes me chuckle inside.
6. I believe women in the US should ensure they buy bras that fit and cover correctly (can you tell I'm watching WNTW as I type this?!).
7. I love flavor but I have a sissy mouth when it comes to spices. Randomly, the times I was on "the pill" my tolerance was much higher and I could enjoy spicier foods.
8. I never thought I'd be a runner. Even after all the running I did in Louisiana and growth I made with it, I still don't consider myself a runner. Running is something I do, but I don't think I'll ever think I've "made it" to be worthy of the title.
9. I so totally pine for rain water barrels....and recycled glass counter tops....and salvaged floors......
10. Deep down, I wish I had more tolerance and patience to improve my sewing skills.
11. My feet easily get cold, so in the evenings I wear thick wool socks. But I absolutely hate sleeping in socks and 9/10 I will wake-up mid-night in order to take them off. (And ever hopeful Roxi is always so glad if they fall on the floor for her to run off with......)




Heather's 11 Questions for Me:

  1. You're singing karaoke. What's your song of choice? I'm writing down the first title that came to mind: Red Dirt Road--Brooks & Dunn; otherwise  second choice: Country Girl Shake it For Me--Luke Bryan
  2. What is your most prized possession? My sense of self /my faith.
  3. What was the worst job you've ever had? Worst---hmmm, how about most difficult? and that would be working at child welfare....in my hometown....with non-supportive coworkers---some of those cases I'll never forget.
  4. Do you have any phobias? Lately I realized I'm slightly afraid of heights, but mainly when I can't control the situation. AKA ladders are good---skydiving will stay in hub's skill set however.
  5. You are wearing your favorite outfit. Do you put on heels or flats? Depends where I'm going! My favorite outfit would probably have flats---sandals to be exact or a ballet flat. However with 9 inches of difference between us, I think hub likes when I wear heels.
  6. Have you ever met anyone famous? Yes---Michael Jackson came through for a tour at the House of Parliament in London at the same time my class was there---after all the plastic surgery he looked as funny as you think he did. AND Zach Roloff from Little People, Big World is a student at my campus---this term I see him walking around twice a week at least. 
  7. Do you have any pet peeves? Moi, have pet peeves?! Bahaha but of course! Noise when I'm trying to sleep pushes me over the edge. Dirty counters---although I've had to let this one go. When cupboards are left open.....or things are "out of place" in my space. 
  8. Name the best concert you've ever been to and why. DON'T LAUGH----but for the first bday gift hub ever got me, he took me to see my high school/college favorite band ever: Creed. He hates Creed and he had worked a 12 hour day and had to report back to work at 4am the next morning---and the concert was 2 hours away.....but he still took me. It wasn't the most amazing audience experience ever----but it was incredibly meaningful to me, especially that summer, that he put so much thought and will into making it happen. And they sounded great!!
  9. Do you collect anything? Uh.....do grudges count? Sigh and mainly kidding! I used to collect antique tea cups and shells from different places I've been, but really I try not to have attachment to most things and I hate the idea of filling space with unusable things....
  10. Favorite breakfast food to eat? Breakfast burritos win hands down but only when served for dinner. For actual breakfast food at breakfast time, I LOVE me some french toast!!
  11. Let's play "Do, date, dismiss" (hahaha): Ryan Reynolds, Bradley Cooper, Tom Brady :) How did you come up with these missy?! Um, Ryan Reynolds is definitely the main pick there---but my "free pass" from hub is for Billy Currington----mmmm mmm mm.

11 Questions for Those I Tag:
1. Favorite meal to cook at home?
2. Favorite item in your wardrobe?
3. If you could go anywhere in the past or to an ideal location for a week starting tomorrow....where would you go and why?
4. If you could sit down with someone "famous" past or present for dinner, who would it be and why?
5.  Most influential person in your life?
6. One of the coolest things you've learned from FB, blogging, or Pinterest?
7. Most interesting animal you can think of on the planet?
8. The song that takes you back to high school every time?
9. You have $500,000 to give to charity---who would you give it to?
10. Red high heeled shoes or leopard print flats?
11. Preferred way to spend 3pm?

And I'm tagging the following: Heather, Alissa, Shannan, Megan, Deirdre, Angela, Whitney, EcoYogini, Lauren, Laura, Maggie

2 comments:

Angela said...

ooo how did you know I love survey things?!

I will do this sometime this week!

Thanks :)

Shannan Martin said...

"4. I don't like following some pop culture when it comes to TV, books, movies, etc. Thus I've never seen Lord of the Rings, much of the Harry Potter movies nor read the books, nor read any of the Twilight books.

Me, too!!

Thanks for the shout. :) Fun read!