Saturday, September 3, 2011

What I Am Into This Summer 2011

I just found this neat idea via SortaCrunchy and thought I'd attempt to use it although somewhat in retrospect. ;)

Hub and I are at home on the coast for the long Labor Day weekend, soaking up the slowness of our coastal days and just in time when I needed a break from feeling that I'm being overtaken by work. We attended our high school civil war football game last night, have gorged oursevles on several of our individual favorite hometown restaurants, and took the dogs on a beautiful beach trip this noon. It's hard to believe how much Labor Day weekend marks the transition from summer to fall here in the Pacific Northwest, but it's nice to feel that we're getting a final break before the rest of the madness that autumn will bring with it.

What I Am Into This: Summer 2011

On My Nightstand: Finally finished the Help, LOVED Winter Garden, enjoyed Dog's Purpose and The Dirty Life, and am now reading Crossing the Heart of Africa. Still have yet to finish Louisiana Women.

Also on my nightstand but not touched yet are,
Want To Read:
The Story of Stuff, Radical: Taking Back Your Faith from the American Dream, Deep Ecology, Where Men Win Glory, Mountain Beyond Mountains, and there are a few others

T.V. Show Worth Watching: Well last week we finally broke down and hub installed Direct TV with DVR, which means that NFL Sunday is about to take over the family room but that I also can watch fabulous episodes of my guilty What Not to Wear pleasure and fun things on HGTV. Other than that we're still wrapped into Netflix Instant episodes of Rescue Me aka male soap opera hour ;).......Oh but I did just find this interesting (albeit disturbing) show on OWN called Superskinny vs Supersize or something like that--might use it in class actually.

Movie I've Seen (in our out of the theater):
Honestly limited here as I've taken on my father's inability to sit through a whole movie..... This summer we saw Captain America in theatres---enjoyed it. And we just watched Ghost Town, which I thoroughly enjoyed.

In My Kitchen: We've had green beans and zukes coming out our ears, and the veggie bin in the fridge hasn't been empty all summer. I've given in and admitted to now loving salmon, so hub's salmon cakes are much relished when we're willing to fork over the cash to make them. Other favorites from the summer include the maple/coconut flake/cream cheese frosting carrot-cake hub made me for my bday and the pasta salad I made for lunch the last few weeks.

In My Ears: Newly in love with Citizen Cope and Florence & The Machine has been my summer love. Other than that I feel like we're mainly tuning into the country radio stations in the car or in the kitchen.

Newest Blog/Internet Reads:
The newest bloggers I've found are the ones mentioned in my previous post: SortaCrunchy and Keeper of the Home. Although most my internet reads these days have to do with VA news and related websites, or links from the organizations I "follow" via FB. The funniest blog post I saw this summer was definitely from The Bloggess....hub and I have seen numerous large metal chicken decor items and I swear I might just have to get one for our yard...And I've also recently loved this fabulous reminder from one of my favorite bloggers, Flowerpatch Farmgirl.

What I'm Looking Forward to Next Month:
Hopefully organization of schedule and resources.
Hub starting school.
Employee benefits & extra paycheck.
Delivery of our new bed!

Feel free to join in!

1 comment:

Eco Yogini said...

ohhh, i'm listening to citizen cope right now- very fab!! thank you :)

Andrew n I really have to watch some movies lately... like captain america. Glad to hear you enjoyed it. we might not make it to the theater to watch it.. but we'll see.