Saturday, January 22, 2011

January Countdowns

Not only did we participate in a count down as part of the New Year's celebration in New Orleans, but the new year also marked the official count down until we are back in Oregon. Ironically the last months have also seen us better settled into a regular routine here. Never fails to strike me as ironic when we find our groove right before relocating. The hub and I are definitely excited to head back home, although I'm probably adding apprehension to the equation too. I gave myself until February before I start stressing (as I'm so prone to do with any change that I cannot control), but the more people ask me for the details, the more I can feel that stress coming on early. Luckily, so far, the hub is doing a great job of putting up with my attempts to control as much of the rest of my life as I can....and I must say, it's doing amazing things for my running! ;)

We've started scoping out some housing options. All three college applications for the hub are now out there for consideration by admission committees. I've been applying for additional full time positions (which hopefully would be somewhat flexible at least spring term with my instructor gig), although without much luck so far. And it feels like the communication levels between the husband and I have been forced to increase as we try to sort out finances, potential timelines, and the few details we can brainstorm this far out in the game. It seems like most of the actual move planning won't be likely until mid next month, so hopefully I can hold off the stressing until then. So far, I have won one battle though, and I will get at least one dog riding INSIDE the truck with me to keep me entertained on the four day drive back home. ;)

Hub and I both are focusing on enjoying the last few months of our jobs and appreciating the aspects of them that we love the most. We'll probably head up to another Louisiana city for a day trip in the next month so we can appreciate it's history and cultural opportunities before relocating. There will definitely be little things about here that we'll miss, but it'll be great to be back home on so many levels! Although I can honestly see us itching for change at the completion of hub's 4 year degree.

Can hardly believe that we'll be in Oregon re-integrating into family, friends, and a more sustainable lifestyle within two months....

Now here's hoping that all the pieces fall together as they should. 

No comments: