Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Weekend Fullness

Am sitting in the corner of my kitchen soaking in the little light that manages to come through my windows. The new bench is working wonderfully. My laptop, warm blankets, table spread with open books and notes, and cup of tea are very satisfying.

This weekend was spent away on the northern coast and was busy celebrating the birthday of a good friend of mine. It was great to spend time with old friends and make new ones, but it's definitely putting a damper on feeling organized at all this term. I'm feeling myself playing catch up all the time. The lists of things to accomplish are made though and a due date schedule has been created.

Before returning back to the city I made sure to spend some quiet time on the beach alone, regrouping my thoughts. These are the shots from that morning:

Hope everyone had an enjoyable weekend and have gotten off to a great start for the new week!

2 comments:

La Tea Dah said...

Beautiful pictures! I love the ocean in the winter months (I love the ocean every month!). I hope this quarter goes well for you --- success with your studies. Your description of a study table, cozy blankets, and a cuppa tea was very nice!

Theresa said...

There's something about the ocean in winter time that inspires awe and respect for nature, more so than in the summer time. I'm glad you had a restorative weekend!